Purpose: Identify patients with patellofemoral pain who are more likely to benefit from foot orthoses.
Vicenzino, et al:
1. Age over 25 years
2. Height less than 165 cm
3. Worst pain less than 53.25 mm (100 mm visual analogue scale)
4. Mid-foot width difference greater than 10.96 mm
Barton, et al:
1. Motion control properties (weighted mean) > 5.0
2. Usual pain > 22.0 mm
3. Ankle dorsiflexion (knee flexed) > 41.3 degrees
4. Reduced pain during a single-leg squat with the foot orthoses
1. Barton CJ, et al. Clinical predictors of foot orthoses efficacy in individuals with patellofemoral pain. Br J Sports Med. 2010; 44(12): 862-6.
2. Vicenzino B, et al. A clinical prediction rule for identifying patients with patellofemoral pain who are likely to benefit from foot orthoses: a preliminary determination. Br J Sports Med. 2010; 44(12): 862-6.