Purpose: Identify patients with patellofemoral pain syndrome (PFPS) who will likely have a positive immediate response to lumbopelvic manipulation.
1. Difference in hip IR > 14 degrees
2. Ankle dorsiflexion with knee flexed > 16 degrees
3. Navicular drop > 3mm
4. No stiffness with sitting 20 min
5. Squatting is most painful activity
1. Crowell MS, et al. Lumbopelvic manipulation in patients with patellofemoral pain syndrome. J Man Manip Ther. 2012; 20(3): 113–120.
2. Iverson CA, et al. Lumbopelvic Manipulation for the Treatment of Patients With Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome: Development of a Clinical Prediction Rule. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2008; 38(6): 297–312.