Purpose: To identify patients presenting with knee osteoarthritis who will respond favorably to hip mobilization.
1. Hip or groin pain or paresthesia
2. Anterior thigh pain
3. Passive knee flexion less than 122 degrees
4. Passive hip medial (internal) rotation less than 17 degrees
5. Pain with hip distraction
1. Currier LL, et al. Development of a Clinical Prediction Rule to Identify Patients With Knee Pain and Clinical Evidence of Knee Osteoarthritis Who Demonstrate a Favorable Short-Term Response to Hip Mobilization. Physical Therapy. 2007; 87(9): 1106–1119.