Purpose: Identify individuals with shoulder pain who are likely to experience immediate improvement in pain and disability following cervical and thoracic spine manipulation.
1. Pain-free shoulder flexion < 127°
2. Shoulder internal rotation < 53° at 90° of abduction
3. Negative Neer test
4. Not taking medications for their shoulder pain
5. Symptoms less than 90 days
1. Mintken PE, et al. Some Factors Predict Successful Short-Term Outcomes in Individuals With Shoulder Pain Receiving Cervicothoracic Manipulation: A Single-Arm Trial. Phys Ther. 2010; 90(1): 26-42.